The IMC is a BMC affiliated mountaineering club based in Stockport, Cheshire.
Our members take part in a range of activities, including rock climbing, scrambling, hill walking, trekking, mountain biking and via ferrata. This can be in the Peak District, North Wales, the Lake District or elsewhere in the UK and abroad. This could be an evening activity, a day, weekend or 10 days away.
We’re a sociable and supportive club with a lot of combined experience – get in touch to find out how you can join in and enjoy the outdoors with us.
There are WhatsApp groups for climbing, walking and scrambling as well as regular emails broadcasting information to the members.
This year members have organised informal trips skiing in France, climbing in Kalymnos, having mountain adventures in the Costa Blanca, “Munro” bagging in Ireland, trekking both in Norway and the Tatras mountains.
- The Ascent of the Crib Lem SpurThe Innominata Mountain Club had organised for its esteemed members to spend the weekend in the rugged Welsh mountains. The setting was a humble mountain hut in a picturesque location, perched high above the Llanberis valley. The grandeur of our surroundings aroused in us a singular determination to conquer one of the great peaks of[…]
- Pen-y-ghent Walk 15/10/23Martin L organised a fantastic walk from Horton in Ribblesdale on what turned out to be a beautiful sunny clear day. Six of us joined Martin and Bruno for the walk. Despite it being a beautiful day and busy in the car park Martin managed to plan a route that avoided most of the crowds[…]
- Duddon Valley Weekend. 23/23rd SeptemberWe had a big turnout for the Duddon Valley weekend with 13 members staying in High Moss (Rucksack Club Hut) as Bill’s guests. Saturday was a beautiful day. Three of us headed off to walk towards Dow crag via Seathwaite Tarn. When we reached Goat’s Hawse we decided to avoid the stream of walkers heading[…]
- Walking In The GowerCatherine Friday I scrounged a lift off the climbers to the carpark at Southgate and walked down with them to Pobbles beach, Threecliff Bay, where they planned to do some sea cliff climbs. I then returned to the carpark and followed the clearly marked coastal path SE to Pwlldu Head which gave stunning views of[…]
- Gower Camping Meet. 17th – 25th AugustThe August camping week was held on the Gower Peninsular, South Wales. Nine members in total attended the meet for different lengths of times. 7 camped and 2 stayed in a caravan. We camped at Kennexstone Camp site. A nice campsite with good facilities The Gower has loads of climbing venues, trad and sport (unusual[…]
- Bowland’s North West Moors. 6th August 2023Walking 13m/8.8m We started out in sunshine, from the Jubilee tower, crossing farmland below before ascending via Hare Appletree Farm and Rowton Brook to Clougha Pike 413m. A snack & drink in one of the shelters refuelled us for the walk over Grit Fell 468m & up onto Ward’s Stone 560m for lunch. One ill-timed[…]