There are membership benefits from our club and membership benefits that come from being in a BMC affiliated club.
What do you get for your membership?
Club membership gives:
- A supportive environment meet new challenges and learn new skills
- Meet like minded people and make new friends and share those challenges
- Go to new places and do new things
- Knowledge that you are with experienced, climbers, hill walkers and mountaineers
- Access to informal guidance or help from more experienced members of the club
- Discounted entry prices at our regular indoor climbing walls
- A full diary of meets and activities, including social events
- Access to huts owned by BMC Affiliated Clubs when on meets
- Reduced travel costs when car sharing on trips to the hills
- It’s fun sharing your day out with others:
- they can get great photos of you to post on Instagram
- “You can’t beat sitting round the fire in our hut after a great day on the crag exchanging stories of your epic adventures!”
- Lastly of course, there is our wonderful company!
Affiliated BMC membership gives:
- Third party liability insurance
- Access to BMC travel, activity and life insurance
- Access to other clubs’ huts in the UK
- Reciprocal rights card for alpine huts
- One copy of ‘Summit’ magazine a year
- Discounts from retailers and the BMC shop
- Your membership of the BMC gives you 10-15% discount at many outdoor retailers – click here to go to a full list.
- In addition, over 50 companies offer discounts to BMC members on a range of services including mapping, car hire, first aid courses, skills training, ski hire, expeditions, expedition foods, holidays, hotels and hostels. Details are here.
- If an individual member of the BMC or a member of another affiliated you can recover the cost of BMC affiliation
For more information, contact the Membership Secretary through our enquiry form
Use the on-line application form if you want to apply to join